Top listeners:

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    103.7 MikeFM Your Hill Country Mix Tape

  • cover play_arrow

    94.3 Rev-FM The Rock of Texas | Where Texas Rocks

  • cover play_arrow

    99.1 The Buck Texas Country's Number 1 Country

  • play_arrow

    KERV 1230 AM

  • cover play_arrow

    JAM Sports 1 JAM Broadcasting Sports 1

  • cover play_arrow

    JAM Sports 2 JAM Broadcasting Sports 2

Local News

Kerr County landowners can apply for grant money for recovering costs associated with wildfire protection

todayJuly 21, 2022

share close

Kerr County landowners are eligible to apply for a grant that will help them recover costs associated with protecting their properties from wildfires.  The Texas A&M Forest Service (TAMFS) is offering the 2022 Mechanical Fuel Reduction Grant in order to reimburse selected landowners for the money they’ve spent to reduce the risk of catastrophic wildfires.

State funds will pay grant recipients up to $750 per acre for hand-cut fuel breaks and $2,000 per acre for mulched fuel breaks.  The work can be done by a private contractor of the landowner’s choosing or by the landowner of his/her employees, with the total reimbursement limit per landowner being $10,000.

Reimbursements will be for expenditures directly related to the installation of the fuel breaks, including services of a contractor, rental of equipment, fuel, lubricants, chainsaw chain and mulcher teeth, etc..  Additionally, receipts or “paid in full” invoices are required documentation prior to TAMFS reimbursing actual costs.

Recipients will be selected based on the goal of reducing wildfire risk to homes, and the deadline to apply is August 31, 2022.  Applications will be approved or declined based on the intent of the grant, and decisions will be sent to applicants by September 30, 2022.

Interested landowners should contact their local Texas A&M Forest Service Wildland Urban Interface coordinator to schedule a visit.  Kerr County property owners should contact Jake Gosschalk at (361) 571-6923, or Walter Flocke at (346) 345-9746.


Written by: Michelle Layton

Rate it

Previous post

Local News

CDC lists Gillespie County as “high” risk for COVID-19

On Thursday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its weekly Community levels and listed five Central Texas counties as "high" risk for COVID-19.  Those in the high category include Mason, Gillespie, Blanco, Hays and Caldwell counties. Two new omicron subvariants are driving COVID-19 numbers up in recent weeks.  The BA.5 variant accounts for 65% of cases while the BA.4 variant makes up another 16% of cases. The CDC reported […]

todayJuly 18, 2022 1