AD
play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

Listeners:

Top listeners:

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    99.1 Mike FM The Hill Country's Strongest Radio Station

  • cover play_arrow

    94.3 Rev-FM The Rock of Texas | Where Texas Rocks

  • cover play_arrow

    103.7 The Buck Texas Country's Number 1 Country

  • play_arrow

    KERV 1230 AM

Entertainment News

Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty to sexual offense charges in London court

todayJuly 14, 2022

Background
share close
AD
Rasid Necati Aslim/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images

Kevin Spacey pleaded not guilty to accusations of sexual offenses in a London court on Thursday morning.

The actor, 62, entered the plea during a hearing at the Central Criminal Court of England and Wales. The judge set a date of June 6, 2023, for the trial to begin and said it would last three to four weeks.

The two-time Oscar-winning actor, who served as artistic director of London’s Old Vic theater between 2004 and 2015, is accused of four counts of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

The charges stem from claims by three men that Spacey had sexually assaulted them in England almost 20 years ago. The alleged incidents took place in the British capital between March 2005 and August 2008, and in Gloucestershire in April 2013. The victims are now in their 30s and 40s.

Spacey’s lawyer previously stated that the actor “strenuously denies” the allegations.

London’s Metropolitan Police Service formally charged Spacey in June, and he was granted unconditional bail and allowed to return to the United States following a preliminary hearing on June 16.

In a statement given exclusively to ABC News’ Good Morning America in late May, Spacey said he would “voluntarily” appear in court in the U.K. capital, and was “confident” he would prove his innocence.

Spacey was praised for his starring role as a ruthless politician in the Netflix series House of Cards. But he was written out of the show after being fired in 2017 when actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him at a party in New York City in 1986, when Rapp was 14.

Spacey has denied the allegations and was criticized for coming out as gay in his apology to Rapp. In a statement at the time, Spacey said he had “admiration” for Rapp, adding he was “beyond horrified” to hear his allegations — which Spacey said he “honestly” couldn’t remember.

“But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior,” Spacey concluded.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

AD

Written by: ABC News

Rate it

Previous post

alfonso-ribeiro-joins-tyra-banks-as-co-host-for-‘dancing-with-the-stars’-season-31

Entertainment News

Alfonso Ribeiro joins Tyra Banks as co-host for ‘Dancing with the Stars’ season 31

ABC/Ricky Middlesworth -- ABC/Adrienne Raque Alfonso Ribeiro is headed back to the Dancing with the Stars ballroom -- this time as Tyra Banks' co-host. Good Morning America on Thursday exclusively revealed that the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air alum, whose character Carlton Banks is known for his iconic dance moves, will join the America's Next Top Model legend when DWTS makes its debut on Disney+ for season 31 this fall. Ribeiro […]

todayJuly 14, 2022


AD
0%