AD
play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

Listeners:

Top listeners:

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    99.1 Mike FM The Hill Country's Strongest Radio Station

  • cover play_arrow

    94.3 Rev-FM The Rock of Texas | Where Texas Rocks

  • cover play_arrow

    103.7 The Buck Texas Country's Number 1 Country

  • play_arrow

    KERV 1230 AM

Mike FM Music News

Shawn Mendes paused tour so he could “give 100% of his energy” to his fans

todayJuly 13, 2022

Background
share close
AD
Courtesy Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes postponed his tour for three weeks so he could “take care of myself and my mental health,” but as a source tells People, that’s actually a good thing.

According to the source, “being in the public eye has long put a lot of pressure” on Shawn, and in the past, he’s found it hard to find “a balance between work and taking care of his mental health.” But the good news, the source adds, is that Shawn is “now able to identify triggers that make it necessary for him to slow down and focus on his health.”

“He wants to give 100 percent of his energy and focus to his tour and his fans,” the source adds.

In a statement to fans announcing the postponement, Shawn explained that he’d initially felt ready to go on tour, but that decision was “premature and unfortunately, the toll of the road and the pressure has caught up to me, and I’ve hit a breaking point.”

Shawn has previously spoken about his struggle with anxiety, which inspired his hit “In My Blood.” Back in April, long before he started his tour, he posted a message on Twitter saying that he’s a “23-year-old who constantly feels like he’s either flying or drowning.”

He added, “Even with so much success, I still find it hard to feel like I’m not failing.”

The following week, Shawn wrote on Instagram, “i’ve been going through it lately. Tryna be the best ain’t really doing it for me anymore if i’m honest.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

AD

Written by: ABC News

Rate it

Previous post

first-on-abc:-mexico-to-pay-$1.5-billion-for-us-border-security-and-processing,-source-says

National News

First on ABC: Mexico to pay $1.5 billion for US border security and processing, source says

(WASHINGTON) -- Mexico on Tuesday agreed to contribute $1.5 billion to a joint initiative with the U.S. to improve infrastructure along the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a person familiar with the commitment. The agreement came on the same day President Joe Biden hosted his Mexican counterpart, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, for a meeting in the Oval Office. Part of their discussions were expected to include a commitment from the two […]

todayJuly 13, 2022


AD
0%