Top listeners:

skip_previous skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
  • cover play_arrow

    94.3 Rev-FM The Rock of Texas | Where Texas Rocks

  • cover play_arrow

    99.1 The Buck Texas Country's Number 1 Country

  • cover play_arrow

    103.7 MikeFM Your Texas Hill Country Mix Tape

  • cover play_arrow

    KERV 1230 AM

  • cover play_arrow

    JAM Sports 1 JAM Broadcasting Sports 1

  • cover play_arrow

    JAM Sports 2 JAM Broadcasting Sports 2

Local News

Lodging Operators and Occupancy Tax

todayDecember 30, 2022

share close

The City of Kerrville has announced that all lodging operators within the City of Kerrville and the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ), including short-term rentals (STR’S), are required to collect, report, and remit occupancy tax as outlined by the State of Texas and the City of Kerrville.  On September 27, 2022, the city council adopted ordinance 2022-28 amending the city’s Zoning Code Land Use Table outlining which zoning districts short-term rentals are permitted to operate.  The zoning districts that permit short-term rentals are limited to R-1A, R-3, RT, DAC, and MU.

Recently, the city council created an ad-hoc committee, made up of a group of citizens including STR owners, to make recommendations to the council regarding STR regulations and compliance.  On December 13, the city council adopted ordinance 2022-30, which created Chapter 80 within the municipal code requiring permitting and outlining certain rules regarding the operation of short-term rentals.

All short-term rentals are now required to apply for an annual permit for operation within the city limits and renew the permit annually.  Short-term rental operators can begin registering for their annual permit starting on January 3, 2023.  The initial registration fee will be $100.

For additional information visit, or call (866) 240-3665. 


Written by: Michelle Layton

Rate it