AD
Several school districts across Central Texas were placed on high alert Wednesday after receiving bomb threats that prompted lockdowns, evacuations and cancelled classes in some areas. Officials with Uvalde CISD, Boerne ISD, Comfort ISD, Georgetown ISD and Shertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD All reported receiving similar threatening messages claiming multiple bombs had been placed on school campuses.
Boerne Police said they received calls regarding the threat around 7:45 a.m. Officers evacuated the building and spent about an hour sweeping the campus. No explosives were found, and the school was able to reopen and resume normal operations. Boerne Police Chief Steve Perez said the department had launched a criminal investigation to determine who made the threat.
Later in the day, Comfort ISD reported another bomb threat at Comfort High School at 12:05 p.m. The district placed all campuses on lockdown while authorities conducted a sweep. Comfort ISD said the high school was cleared and classes continued at 1:51 p.m. District officials described the threat as part of what they believe may be a “national swatting hoax.” Comfort ISD added that extra counseling services are available for students or staff needing support.
All districts involved are urging families to remain alert and to report any suspicious activity to law enforcement immediately.
AD